Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Tips

First, thank you to all the new followers, comments and encouragement, I really appreciate it! I don't claim to be a 'know it all' by any means but I am a research junkie and very curious by nature so I do know a little about a lot of things. I am willing to share everything I know with all of you. I will share all the 'insider' secrets (that I am allowed) because I want to see everyone who wants to, succeed at making money online and saving money at home!  Once there are 25 followers, I will reveal a money-making 'secret'. Once there are 50, 75, 100 and so on, I will reveal another secret so stay tuned, the higher the number of followers, the more 'juicy' the secrets will be! :)

Since Tuesday is sometimes a boring day of the week, I am giving two tips, just for fun.

Tip #1:

Today's household tip: Make your own dishwasher detergent.
 This is SO simple and super cheap! We have well water that is quite hard so I add about 2 tablespoons of salt to the recipe and it works BETTER than store-bought detergent. Not only does this save money, there are no chemicals and it is less harsh on your dishwasher. I have been using this recipe for 2 years now and it works great!
http://www.ehow.com/how_5483005_make-powder-dishwasher-detergent.html

Tip #2:

Bonus tip: Building up a savings account. No matter how tight your budget, you can start a savings account. Have $5.00 per week taken directly out of your check and put into a savings account. You very likely will never miss $5.00 per week from your paycheck but at the end of the year, you will have $260.00 in savings! Maybe try bumping it up to $10.00 per week the next year. You will have $520.00 in savings by the end of the year! It really does add up quickly.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I am looking forward to your tips. I don't have a blog but love to read them. I think the idea of building up a savings account is great. I have done that for some years now and it really is delightful to see how fast it adds up. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making the dish detergent with equal parts Borax and BAKING soda. Does the Washing Soda work better?

    I love the salt idea. I've been buying Lemi Shine and it irks me to have to spend that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a question about this. I have used other recipe's and didn't like them, so I was really excited to see this one. I am having a problem with white film all over the dishes. I filled the jet dry and ran hot water first. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy....you said you add salt to your recipe...table salt or some other kind?

    ReplyDelete